sábado, 16 de abril de 2011

Review: Drugstore products!

It has been such a long time since my last review. I'm now in Orlando! (living right in front of Walmart :D) And I'm so excited to share my review with you guys today. I shopped a couple of things here. Hope you like it! (I got them from Walmart and Walgreen)

(ps. sorry for my poor english lolz)

  • L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes ($7)
I have to say that I'm new to mascara :) The first one I got is maybelline (which I'm not impressed that much.) I have quite long lashes but they are not thick :( So, I was looking for a mascara that voluminize my lashes. This one from L'Oreal has done pretty good job. My lashes look a bit longer and nicely thicker. I'm sure that this one is not the best but it's a good choice for those who want to try out a good but inexpensive mascara.
ps. I like the package! :)

  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick: 613 Just Enough Buff ($4.97)





I actually didn't mean to buy Super Lustrous Lipstick because I was looking for the matte color! However, I picked up this one just because the color is sooo lovely. It's a pretty-nude-pink color. When I got back to the hotel, I was so excited to try out. BUT it didn't look good on me at all. As I said, the color itself is gorgeous but somehow it didn't show up on my lip. I personally think that this one would look great on those who have fair skin :'( sigh ....

  • Neutrogena Foaming Scrub: Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Acne Wash ($6.62)


Well, actually it comes with the tube but I did break its cap so I had to buy a new bottle with a pump and put all the product in there :'( Anyway, I love this product. I have been using this one less than a week so I can't tell whether it's going to help my acne or not. However, I do love the feeling after using this product. My face is smoother and fresh. It also smells nice! (like a grapefruit I think) And I don't break out or anything :)



  • Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque ($2.47)


I knew this mask from youtube. (maybe from Michelle Phan's , I'm not sure) And I saw it in Walmart so (no doubt) I decided to pick it up. I've tried only once so I just can't tell whether it helps reduce acne or not but I just love it. Once I applied it on my face, I felt like having toothpaste all over my face. It smells exactly like a toothpaste (really!) However, it left a smooth and fresh feeling on my skin, once I rinsed it off. If you don't mind a minty smell, then this one might work well for you! Recommended for those who have acne-prone skin!
ps. One thing that I've noticed is that my acne dries up a little bit after using this for the first time:)

I'm thinking about showing you guys all the candles that I got from Bath and Body Works and Yankee Candle. They are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ;)

see you soon,
xoxo
aom

1 comentario:

  1. totally love this post of yours, cuz i luv reading reviews.

    i luv the nude-colored lipstick but guess it wouldn't look good on me too.

    Queen Helene n the grapefruit one are interesting. :D

    anw, i really wanna see those candles u bought, i watched the video abt those candles and feel like buying some
    but idk if burning candles suits our weather here in Thailand, u know now it's boiling hot here!!!!! XP


    ps. i'm looking forward to your next review na ja!
    xo

    ResponderEliminar