martes, 8 de noviembre de 2011

Beauty in Kitchen#1: Rub Rub ...In the Shower

Hello guys! I'm so excited because today is my first "beauty in kitchen" post! It's basically going to be about DIY beauty stuff and beauty recipes and you can do it by yourself using some ingredients in the kitchen!
However, I guess Thai's kitchen might have something quite different from other country's. So if you're reading this and you're not Thai and you can't find some ingredients that I'll be talking about, I'm really sorry T_T

So yeah, I think we should get started!

RUB RUB IN THE SHOWER!





This recipe is pretty simple using only two ingredients; ripe tamarind (มะขามเปียก! I guess that what it's called in English lolz -- If you're not living in Thailand, you can go to Thai grocery store and simply tell them you want MA-KHAM-PIAK) and milk. Just mix two things together and when you wanna use it, make a ripe tamarind like a little snowball. Rub your skin gently with it, focusing on some areas like your elbows and knees. This thing is perfect for removing dull skin and brightening up your skin as well. The ripe tamarind helps removing all the dirt and softening your skin. You can also add honey to moisturize your skin. This does not smell good but it's not that bad either.


Some says that this recipe helps with acne scars too but I've not tried it yet so I just can't tell. It's safe to use with your face but please rub it as gently as you can because your face's skin is more sensitive so it might be irritated.

After rubbing your skin, just take a shower as usual. This recipe can be used everyday but I'd recommend using it twice a week or when you feel like your skin needs a big cleaning-up!

PS. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU"RE NOT ALLERGIC WITH ANYTHING MENTIONED ABOVE BEFORE FOLLOWING THIS RECIPE!

2 comentarios:

  1. hope i can find ripe tamarind in my kitchen na. ^^
    seems like u've been busy these days
    i heard that u're now teaching English,right?
    wow! so i guess u would have a fortune of money to splurge on cosmetics for the next semester, wouldn't u?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I teach them for free ah. Kinda like volunteering. It's actually one of my relatives' school so I just help her with english teaching since บ้านนอก doesn't have many english teachers. It's great because the ppl in school listen to my opinion and really want to improve their english teaching program.

    ps. I'm now saving money for New Year, so I can buy EVERYTHING that I want. Holiday goodies are always amazing. Hope I can get my hands on something from MAC newest collection or OPI Holiday Collection :3

    ResponderEliminar